7.17.2013

Nothing's new.



It's a dreary, rainy afternoon at the shop and I'm sitting on the front porch enjoying the unusually cool weather. I'm also enjoying my new discovery: Part Nouveau. I've been clicking through this gorgeous study of a blog all afternoon. I love seeing art and fashion history quote itself. All of fashion photography's favorites - Bourdin, Newton, Penn - appear and reappear, but fashion's intersection with fine art and film - Hitchcock, Warhol, Magritte -  is well represented too. I guess there really are no new ideas.






Top to bottom, all images from partnouveau.com
1. Manet's Luncheon on the Grass / still from "Secret Garden 2 - Versailles" for Dior Fall '13, 
2. Eric Boman for Vogue UK / Robbie Fimano for Interview
3. Arthur Kane for Harpers Bazaar UK / Camilla Åkrans for T Magazine
4. Guy Bordin for French Vogue / Venfield 8's Vehicular Bourin
5. Irving Penn for Vogue / Stephen Meisel for Vogue
6. Norman Parkinson's Audrey Hepburn / Tim Walker's Natalie Portman for Miss Dior Cherie

No comments:

Post a Comment