9.13.2012

Dainty Leather.


I love buttery leather. It feels just right, it smells good, it looks luscious, it ages beautifully, but its pretty much relegated to bags, wallets and the like. Sure, if you're bold you could throw on a pair of leather pants or maybe even shorts, but for the most part, I'd say leather rests pretty comfortably in accessory land. So, when Natalie of Canoe, an Austin leather goods line, told me she was branching out in the jewelry I couldn't wait to see the finished product. Last weekend I had the pleasure of styling their fall lookbook & getting an early peek into her first foray into jewelry & I couldn't be more psyched. Somehow Natalie captured that easy, cool look of leather without the weight or bulk. Buttery hand tooled bits perched on the daintiest little gold chains -- it's the best of both worlds. Canoe's pieces are sure to find themselves in the cannon of cool-girl chic staples. 









No comments:

Post a Comment